View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004   #39
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

In our division the best pass rushers are Freeney and "The Freak" (now in PHL), and both are weak side DE. I remember the Miami game well and the battle between Pitts & Jason Taylor - weak side again. Just to name a few that I can think from games we played last year but I'm sure there are exceptions - Green for the Panthers way back
when he played - maybe was one - if he was the best rusher ?
There's simply more opportunities on the weak side for a pass rusher - no TE
to block you (usually), and QB more vulnerable (usually right-handed, therefor
weakside gets QBs blind side). It is the side of the field that has the most opportunities for a pass rusher.
If Wonk was really an effective pass rusher, they should have moved him to weakside last year after Jeff Posey left for Buffalo.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote