Originally Posted by rmartin65
This draft would have the rmartin65 Seal of Approval, providing the Texans do make a move for a good DT in the off-season.
1) We agree, no need for further discussion.
2) I do feel that safety is a big need, I just good not find a good place to put one. I really wanted a DT high (fixed in this scenario). I will try to watch Jones some more, but to tell you the truth I have not been impressed with any of the LSU players this year.
3) Not bad, but I still want my Gerhart here. I cant fault the pick though.
4) I dont know alot about Williams, but if he is taking carries away form Scott he must be pretty decent. Is he power or what? What I said about LSU still applies here though.
5) I like Brinkely, I just dont see us taking two CB's in back to back years.
6) Clayton, legit, no arguments.
7) Eh, its the 7th. I normally like to take projects in the 7th, or guys that I know will contribute on special teams.
Thanks for the response
2. Jones is legit but if Burnett were there I would take him over Jones
4. Williams has power and speed. He was highly rated coming out of high school. Scott beat him out his freshman year because he was better at blitz pickup. Obviously Williams has improved that part of his game because Miles lets him play on 3rd downs alot. I do love Gerhart but Smithiak will improve the OL before they draft a RB (see 09 draft) Pitts is a FA and Myers needs to be upgraded. (Caldwell in 10 I hope)
5. They need to take two CB's IMO with Dunta being a FA unless they tag him again. Bennett has lost his edge and I dont think he's going to get it back. Brinkley has potential. I'm sure you could find a small school guy that's as good as Brinklet.
7. I agree with you finding a small school guy who could serve as an understudy/ST guy. Take BPA IMO