Originally Posted by steelbtexan
Here's what my mock would look like at this point in the season for comparisons sake.
1.Joe Haden Fla. best all around CB in the draft. He would immediately be the best CB on the team.
2. Chad Jones S LSU big, fast hard hitting S that would be the most atheletic S the Texans have ever had.
3. Byars C-G USC Byars is taylor made for the ZBS. 2nd choice would be Ulatoski UT I believe Winston would be great as a ZBS OG and Ulatoski would play RT.
4. Dan Williams DT Ten. Williams is a battle tested run stopping DT that played in the tough SEC. Martin I didn't put as big a priority on DT as you did because I hope they fill the DT need in FA (Hampton or Seymour would fill this need in a big way) Spend the money Uncle BoB.
5.Keiland Williams RB LSU Williams is a big RB that is fast and runs with power. He is currently splitting time with C.Scott. Williams also has good hands.
5. Roderick Brinkley CB UH Brinkley is a good cover CB he has great speed and breaks on the ball well. Brinkley needs to get with the S&C coach and add some weight but the skills are there.
6.Keenan Clayton DB OU Clayton is a big hitter that is fast enough to make the transition from LB to SS. Clayton is a playmaker. Great ST guy
7. Al Woods DT LSU Woods is an underachiever who has alot of talent and maybe Kollar can get it out of him. Woods is worth taking a chance on at this point in the draft. IMO
Martin or anybody else please feel to critique.
This draft would have the rmartin65 Seal of Approval, providing the Texans do make a move for a good DT in the off-season.
1) We agree, no need for further discussion.
2) I do feel that safety is a big need, I just good not find a good place to put one. I really wanted a DT high (fixed in this scenario). I will try to watch Jones some more, but to tell you the truth I have not been impressed with any of the LSU players this year.
3) Not bad, but I still want my Gerhart here. I cant fault the pick though.
4) I dont know alot about Williams, but if he is taking carries away form Scott he must be pretty decent. Is he power or what? What I said about LSU still applies here though.
5) I like Brinkely, I just dont see us taking two CB's in back to back years.
6) Clayton, legit, no arguments.
7) Eh, its the 7th. I normally like to take projects in the 7th, or guys that I know will contribute on special teams.