Originally Posted by rmartin65
I know this is early, but I dont feel like doing my Russian homework right now.
This mock draft/wish list does take early entry players into account. I think the Texans will be picking around slot 10, and here. we. go.
1) Florida CB Joe Haden, 5'11" 190
This is a terrible spot to be in. I dont really like any of the players available here, that are really worth the 10th pick. The elite talent should be gone by now. I settled on Haden because the Texans have an atrocious defensive backfield. Haden has the athleticism to make plays at the next level.
2) Duke DT Vince Oghobaase, 6'5" 305
Oghobaase has first round talent, but will fall because he plays for Duke, and he needs some technique work. He could be the run stuffer this team needs.
3) Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, 6'1" 235
Gerhart may be my favorite player in the draft, and he is easily my favorite RB for the Texans. He might not last this long, but I am hoping that his pedestrian forty time will drop him. make no mistake though, Gerhart can ball. He has the size, underrated speed and the confidence you want to see from starters. I urge you all to get on the bandwagon now. Do it.
4) Auburn OG Thomas Austin, 6'3" 310
I am really impressed with Austin. I did not have him rated to highly in the pre-season, but he is looking dominant this season. He would be a backup for 2 years, maybe able to start by the third.
5) Baylor FS Jordan Lake, 6'1" 215
5) Florida Atlantic QB Rusty Smith, 6'5" 230
6) Murray State DE Austin Lane, 6'6" 258
7) Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton, 6'1" 221 lbs
The sizes are off of CBS Sportsline.
I really like your mock. I would be happy if the Texans were to pick up these guys in the draft.
I will put what i would draft for conversations sake but first I will critique.
1. Haden love the pick. I also like P. Robinson but Haden seemsto be the better all around DB
2. I like Oghobaase his height worries me for a DT see (Okam) but he's a good player. I hope they fill the DT need in FA (Hampton would be my choice)
3. Gerhart the thumper the Texans have been looking for
4. Austin is a value pick. I dont think he will fall this far after the Combine.
5. Lake Good value pick there are other FS-SS that I like better that should be available
5. Smith I dont think they need a project QB at this point and time.
6. Lane I dont know anything about him.
7. Clayton Love this pick, hard hitter that I think can make the transition to SS.