View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004   #37
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
If the report is that Babin is being thinned down to 'bout 250, then maybe we can get him moved back to weakside OLB where we can maximize his pass rushing skills - afterall, that's why we paid a ton for him ...
I believe Babin's cap number for 2004, approximately $1,122,000, is much less than Wong's, at $3,800,000.

If by 'paid a ton' you are referring to the trade, I don't think a 3rd round pick, an extra 4th round pick and an exchange of 5th round picks is much to move up 13 spots to get back in the first round. I'm thrilled that the Texans had two first round picks and still have a first round pick next year. The C'boys, Titans, Ravens and Colts fans don't get to look forward to seeing their first round pick this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
The best pass rusher (generally speaking), plays weakside OLB in the 3-4 (weakside DE in the 4-3),...
I disagree. Was Latham better than Green for the Panthers, or were both of them good (Pro Bowl). I think the Texans feel more comfortable with Wong playing in what generally is the greater space of the weakside, since it is Babins first year at OLB.

Good luck saying to Capers, "I didn't get to the quarterback because it's harder from over here on the (usually) strong side."
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote