View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009   #334
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
First, let me say that I am not for firing Kubiak in the middle of the season. I do think he is pretty close to earning the "will be fired" title, if he isn't already there.

About the D scheme, I thought it was the same scheme only different playcalling. Seems that we were pretty much told that before the season and its pretty much what I have seen. It looks the same, but more aggressive therefore resulting in bigger plays (mostly bad, but some good). Am I wrong to think that?
I definitely agree with your first statement. If Kubiak wasn't on the "hot seat" prior to this season, I can't believe that he's not on it now.

The defensive scheme seems to be shrouded in mystery, simply because we have little to go on with regards to a Frank Bush resume, and everything else we have is sugar-coated sound bites from the coaching staff. I think it is borderline stupid to take a bad defense from last season and just do the same thing again but simpler. My previous post was giving them more latitude that something had to be different in the scheme, but that is just speculation on my part. Right now, though, it does look like Richard.Smith.v2 + extra suckiness.