View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009   #332
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think this is key. We honestly can't expect a new DC and new scheme to be effective immediately, especially with two big starters out in TC.

Only time will tell if the defense is going to gel into a cohesive unit. I tend to think we'll see some improvements as time goes on, especially around the halfway mark. Our offense is set to compete with just about anybody, so any improvement on D will most likely result in another 8-8 season (or maybe 9-7 / 7-9, lots of close games ahead).

As far as firing Kubiak or anyone else right now, I am not a fan of mid-season coaching changes. The Palmer situation during 2-14 was a clear indication that the season was essentially over, and without trying to be optimistic, I still think there is a possibility of this season changing course for a more positive destination. Firing coaches is a one way ticket to rebuilding hell. (Don't bank on new HCs turning it around in a year, in spite of what has happened with other teams. This is HOUSTON, after all....)
First, let me say that I am not for firing Kubiak in the middle of the season. I do think he is pretty close to earning the "will be fired" title, if he isn't already there.

About the D scheme, I thought it was the same scheme only different playcalling. Seems that we were pretty much told that before the season and its pretty much what I have seen. It looks the same, but more aggressive therefore resulting in bigger plays (mostly bad, but some good). Am I wrong to think that?