View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009   #323
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
There are reasons to hire a guy other than experience. McNair was impressed with Kubiak. You know, the NFL has a high opinion of the guy and he would've been a head coach somewhere. Regarding Bush, I think McNair had absolutely nothing to do with that hire. And, he is right to not dictate hirings to Kubiak. Kubiak believed in Bush and wanted him as his DC back in 2006. I'm not sure his exact reasonings but I'm sure it wasn't to save Bob McNair a few $100,000.

Personally, I kind of like the Bush hire and am optimistic about him. I think this season's problems go directly to how Kubiak, Smith, and Bush assessed the talent on the team. For reasons I don't understand, they decided to stand pat at Safety... As a result, we are in a world of trouble back there.
what? you kind of like the Bush hire? you do realize we are on pace to give up more yards than any team in NFL HISTORY!! you do realize he was partially responsible for the horrible defense we have had here the last 2 years, right?

what do you like about the Bush hire? honestly, bro. what has bush done that has made you 'like' the hire? I don't get it.

once again, we are on pace to give up more yards than anyone in NFL history..2 of those games were home games and all 3 were against teams that aren't exactly offensive juggernauts....

i understand that you go down with the ship, dale. that is fine, but you have to at least acknowledge that the defensive ship is sinking and Bush is ultimately responsible for that.

so you release Bush of any blame but you are OK with blaming Kubiak and Smith for the personnel moves....you know what personnel move I think was their worst move. Hiring Bush! (other than resigning Carr to max extension of course..but that was probably Bumbling Bob's fault)