View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009   #304
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
what makes you think he will get the defense turned around? this is year 4 and its still not turned around...are we supposed to just sit around and be a losing franchise until Gary finally hires someone worth a crap.

As for Dick Jauron and Herm Edwards, both of those coaches are better than Kubiak and so is Gruden, Cowher, Schotty, Shanahan, and just about anyone.

Gary has done a great job with the offense but has been a disaster with defense.
He's still a first-time head coach. He had an absolute mess on both sides of the ball. He focused on his forte - the offense - for four years and trusted Dick Smith to take care of the defense. Smith was a failure, and you can tell just from his press conferences and talk shows that his focus is for the first time 100% on defense. Yeah, he might have taken a year too long to turn to the defense, but again - it's a mistake I think a first-timer could make. I'm still on the side of keeping him through his contract, no matter how this season turns out, as long as the offense is still a top producer. If one side of the ball is firing and you can put it on auto-pilot, everyone in the organization can crack the whip on the other side.