View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009   #297
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I cannot begin to tell you how quickly I would jump on Fisher if I were McNair and he were available. I'd hire Schottenheimer in a heartbeat as well, with the same (lack of) hesitation. I understand your frustration, but rings are fickle, unpredictable things. I don't fault Fisher for having come as close as he has so many times. Cowher was no less of a coach before 2006.
I'd hire Fisher a hell of a lot quicker than I'd hire Schottenheimer. Fisher doesn't screw up that loaded team that choked at home to NE. Of course I type that knowing what happened to the Titans last year versus BAL.

And to me, rings are fickle, but at the end of the day, that is ultimately what you should be judged on. Fish had a loaded team in 2000 with homefield and another loaded team last year with homefield, and both times the team completely choked. Playoff losses to STL, NE, SD and OAK don't help either. The man can coach, but can he finish? I'm running out of hope that he can do that.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...