View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009   #285
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yes it does, when you've got a defense that can't even hold two of the worst teams in the league to under 30 points. We are dreadful on defense and that's all there is to it. Hell we barely got by against that Titans team and could have almost been 0-3. This isn't a good football team. This is a football team with a great offense and ZERO leadership. A team with zero leadership doesn't go anywhere in the NFL.

Did you really just compare this defense to the one that the Giants had when they won the SB? I don't care how inconsistent they may have been at the beginning of the season. They were nowhere near as bad as this team's defense is.

week one versus Dallas
45 points
345 passing yards on 15 completions!
135 rushing yards

week two versus GB
35 points
375 total yards

they got things straightened out after that.. but, for a team with as many veterans and as much talent, it was a pretty rough start. And, I remember a lot of panic from the fanbase and media those first two weeks.

I'm not saying we are the '07 Giants, but I am saying that 2 very poor efforts on defense doesn't mean this team can't get a lot better... and quickly.