View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009   #280
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This is a football team with a great offense and ZERO leadership. A team with zero leadership doesn't go anywhere in the NFL.
I disagree that this team has "zero leadership". Matt Schaub leads by example and makes sure everyone on his offense is on the same page. Andre Johnson plays with more grit than anyone else I've ever seen. Demeco Ryans has more fire than anyone else on this team and plays with the energy and passion of Troy Polamalu.

Just because Kubiak doesn't spit on his players or tongue kiss them on the sidelines doesn't make him a poor leader. It makes him stoic. Bear Bryant was stoic. Tom Landry was stoic. Mike Holmgren was stoic. I'm not saying Kubiak is one of those guys, but don't mistake his lack of screaming for lack of passion or ability.