View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009   #276
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
fans of teams that suffer disappointing losses always have a very gray picture of the team while mired in the losing, particularly when they don't have a winning history. My point is that a 1-2 start doesn't disqualify this team from winning 10 games. That kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time. A lot of us believed this was a 10 win team going into the season and the fact that we are one game off pace of that shouldn't send us into outright despair.
Yes it does, when you've got a defense that can't even hold two of the worst teams in the league to under 30 points. We are dreadful on defense and that's all there is to it. Hell we barely got by against that Titans team and could have almost been 0-3. This isn't a good football team. This is a football team with a great offense and ZERO leadership. A team with zero leadership doesn't go anywhere in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
When the NYGiants won the Superbowl, they struggled early.. and were BRUTAL on defense, adjusting to a new scheme but they got their 9 wins, made it to the playoffs and won the freakin' Superbowl. I'd love to read some of the posts and hear the thoughts of Giant fans after that early season loss to Dallas (45-35, I think).
Did you really just compare this defense to the one that the Giants had when they won the SB? I don't care how inconsistent they may have been at the beginning of the season. They were nowhere near as bad as this team's defense is.