View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009   #254
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Well...I'm not on this bandwagon yet but....

4th and 1 staring the goalline down late in the game and you kick a field goal for a tie instead of an attempt at a go-ahead TD? Was it a lack of faith in the offense (unwarranted) or a plethora of faith in the defense (also extremely unwarranted)? Did you not want the momentum of converting a 4th down and probably a TD after that? Did you not want to eat up some clock against a team that relies on the ground game?

That's playing to "not lose", not playing to "win". YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES!!!!!
Well it wasn't like he was just out of field goal range, that would be the only time I go for it right there. If we would have went for it and not made it it would have been bad. Put those 3 on the board, and hope you can get the ball back to your offense, like we did.