View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009   #247
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I'm not sure if his name has been mentioned in here and I know a lot of us are not keen on giving an unexperienced coach a shot but what do you guys think about the Houston coach - is it Sumlin? I am a Texas Tech fan but I saw him prepare his team to beat OSU and Tech - not bad. Is he the real deal or is it too early to tell?
IMO, what we witnessed Saturday night was two teams that do the same thing. And one team did it better on that specific night.

The spread offense is a joke, in terms of making your entire team a true contender. You'll beat up on teams that are annually bad and have no offense themselves, but you'll lose to teams that have legit offenses. Because a team that runs a spread offense seems to always have a leaky defense, due to getting 3 minutes of rest and being trotted back onto the field without enough rest between series.

Look how many times that the only way Tech wins is if they get the ball with 2-3 minutes remaining in the game. LOL.

I am a Tech fan, and the spread is a double-edged sword IMO. It cuts the other team's defense...but it cuts our own defense at the same time.

Sumlin and Leach are good at running the spread. Does that translate to them running an NFL team? Probably not. Just my opinion, though.