View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009   #234
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Yeah Pittsburgh has the most patient loyal owner in the league. If he was with any other franchise and went that long before winning the Super Bowl he would of been canned.
Ridiculous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, I agree. As the last few years have shown, any coach can come in and win. It's about ideas, not pedigrees. And by the way, it took Cowher how many years to win a SB? Coaches don't get that long anymore. See this thread for evidence.
Wrong. Jeff Fisher who is considered one of the best coaches in the NFL didnt even break .500 until his 6th year.

Cowher is a great coach and compares favorable to any coach available. In 15 years coaching Pittsburg he won his division 8 times, got 2nd twice, finished .500 or above 12 times, went to the playoffs 10 times, 4 AFC Championship Games and 2 Superbowls winning one of them. He won a total of 149 games and lost only 90 for a .623 winning %. Thats better than Fisher (.557) or Shottenheimer (.613).

If we arent going to bring in a proven winner we should just keep Kubiack.

I know there is very little chance of him coming here but please show me a better candidate.