View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
There may very well have been problems in the protection schemes. But I have seen the linemen get beat on several occasions. I've seen Wand tossed around like a rag doll. I've seen McKinney blown up too many times to count. And Wiegert was consistantly beaten off the snap by pass rushers.

Wand could (and even should) get stronger. It's very possible that McKinney & Wiegert had to play a less than 100% too many times last season (blowing up the grade A depth notion). They could improve on their performances, if healthy. I don't know how much of the '04 failures were due by design or by execution (as Dom tried to convince us on a weekly basis). Bottom line is they didn't play well and must get better. Better across the board, be it the players & the coaches.
I see linemen get beat on all 32 teams....and yes, on several occasions. I'm not a big fan of McKinney, so I'll leave that one alone. Weigert is fine if he is healthy, but since he isn't always healthy that is an issue. I agree that Wand will get better, but from what I see here on our boards most people think Wand is as good as he is ever going to get for some reason. He will defy all coaching and strength training and never get any better.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote