View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005   #27
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
But, I still hope your right and that Casserly is other-worldly, and he knows more than anyone when it comes to what to do in the first round, and TJ gets 8-10 sacks for the next 15 years..........or at least gives a pass rush that is better than the Gary-Seth-Robaire tandem.

I hope your right, but, I fear that you are not.
I like CC a lot. And I've posted over and over again my thoughts on the O-line. But if you guys remember, they made a choice with the very first pick. They chose the francise QB over moving down and building from the inside out. They chose the all world WR over moving down and building from the inside out. They chose to take a franchise CB instead of moving down and building from the inside out. CC was very lucky in Washington picking O-lineman. He's been very unlucky here. I just read where someone KNEW T. Bosselli
would never line up for us. As I remembered, no one Knew for sure untill the second year. Joppru is the same deal. Just unfortunte that it didn't work out. All the indicators were that BJ had the chance to be something special. And from what I saw this draft, their was no certain prospect to come in and beat out Wand. The top guy was a roll of the dice guy. I can't argue with the direction CC and Capers have taken the team. All of their first round picks have been solid in my book. I would have done a few things differently. And some of the things I would have done would have been just dead wrong. We got just as good a shot at going 12-4 this year at this point as going 4-12. But some of their gambles have to come through for them this year to get to 12-4. And the list is a long one, Babbin, Peek, Wand and or Shellton, Phillip Buchannan all have to step up their games. It's just that simple. The lines have to come around.The Green Bay - Texan's game was on again last week. 13-3 lead, ball on the fifty yard line...three and out. ON WAY that should ever happen. Never. That drive was our season last year. If Wand doesn't work out, if things do go poorly, we are in a great position, whomever the new brain trust is, to go after a great prospect at left tackel. There's a herd of them coming out for '06. Even Yoda could pick one. But the thing about that is Oakland took one of the better prospect coming out of college in a very long time, Robert Gallery . And he is still having trouble taking over at the LT position. It takes a very special big man to be that quick, that powerfull, to anchor the left side. Even the good ones it takes time. There are very few Paces and Odgens i the NFL. The good news is at least they're beating the bush, building fires under people to get a response. I'm not wooried about them moving Pitts all around, Pitts is just the two-by-four for the Mule. Now wether the wacking of Wand sinks in or not... time will tell. The preasuure is on. Either the lines are gonna make this season or the pipe will burst. We're rebuiolding a new o-line for '06. That's the bottom line with this group of players and coaches. And What I beilieve Mr. McNair has been saying publicly all off season. Sink or swim boys. A good try is no longer acceptable.
The one thing I fear for '05 is that the team does regreess, and we lose Carr mentally. I believe, IMHO, Jacksonville has passed us this off season. The Luck of the draw this year is catching them late. We'll see. We end up at the bottom of the barrel, I expect a regieme change.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote