View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, looking at last season I take two games completely out of the equation. The second Jacksonville game and the Tampa game both were lost causes (IMHO) from the start. We just didn't have the depth to play with the losses we'd taken so I don't factor them into the Texans "growth chart" at all.

Taking those two games out the Texans were scary competitive for their age. They were a handful of plays from going 10-6 which if you think about it is more than any team can possibly expect in it's second season and insane if you give a second year team as many injuries as we had to overcome.

Saying that sounds great but the NFL changes so quickly. I expect the Texans to win between 7 and 9 games this year with an outside possibility of as few as 6 and as many as 10 wins depending on injuries and how some of the teams we play do. An easy win in July can turn into a beatdown in October if that team you're playing turns a corner before you get to them.

We will however win the San Diego game. Of this I have no doubt. It will mark the first time the Texans win a game they're favored to win and lead them into week two where they'll get their first ever back to back win. They'll do it one better in week three and start the season 3-0 but past that I have no idea.

That's my official prediction.