View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The first game is a long time away. This isn't a 'late date' to be looking at line combinations. Did we really expect a team coming off its second year as one the worst offenses in the NFL to be "top 6" last year? Wouldn't that kind of make this a weak league? I thought we had a pretty good season despite some breakdowns you will normally see in young developing teams. We had 4 new starters on the line last year and put out a project a year earlier than ideal. The developmental snaps are over for us, and we roll into year 4 just like they said from day one....mostly with guys we drafted and a few veterans peppering the lineup. We won't even approach having 4 new starters in the line this year since we will have one new starter max. We ended up right at .500 and look good to me heading into 2005's season. I don't get the endless hand wringing we seem to be doing all summer over this issue. Seems the team is just looking at guys in different spots so we can make a plan going into camp.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote