View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005   #11
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

from the lopez article:
Quote:
Nor, when it comes to making the playoffs, will improvement along the defensive line, in the secondary or in the running game.
WOW, i think mr. lopez is WAY too focused on the microcosm that is our line. sure, it has been the biggest dissapointment since the day we knew tony b. wasn't going to ever suit up, but to undermine a what looks like a much improved defense like that struck me. yeah we gave up 49 sacks, yeah carr took a pounding his first year...were we not one of only six teams to have a 3000+ yd passer, a 1000+ yd reciever and a 1000+ yd back? that is six out of thirty two. with the a top 15 defense and last year's horrid OL play we would have made the play-offs. so if we hover around 15 in total defense, our skill guys have at least the same production as last year and our line gets marginally better at passing and/or running we definately have the possiblity to reach 10-6...or dare i day better ?!?!?!?

i know it's the off-season and anyone hardcore enough to stick around here during the summer heat can go a little crazy, but it's no excuse to start talking like it

on a related note, the focus on different players taking reps at different positions is being WAY over-anaylized. didn't wong spend almost all of the '04 pre-season in the middle, only to play in certain 3rd down packages? what if wand has made so much progress pendry/capers thinks chester could use the reps since he is our best avaible back-up at LT. i'm just saying the glass can be half full

Last edited by jr0ck; 05-27-2005 at 10:06 PM. Reason: oh yeah...
jr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote