View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009   #90
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: utpay isthay inway ouryay ipepay andway okesmay itway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
31-12 Titans
38-36 Titans
28-20 Titans
28-22 Titans
26-20 Titans (OT)

Those are the last 5 games played between the teams before the December match-up last year. In only one of those games did the Titans score more field goals than touchdowns. Don't take a big play off defense away just to prove a point, good teams make big plays when they need them the most.

So that is 2 games in the past six, both in Houston, where Bironas has scored most of the points. Also, before last December the Titans had scored no less than 26 points.. what exactly is your interpretation of "light it up?" I'd say the Titans have done very well in the scoring department.

I only went back that far because you seemed to do so, don't get all crazy about me living in the past with those stats.

I won't post the links this time, but you only furthered the trend in trying to make Tennessee one-dimensional last season. Teams tried to do that all year and only two had success in terms of winning (against our starters, I'm going to throw out the Indy game in wk 17). The Jets held them to 45 yards rushing and won, and you guys gave up 100 (but shouldn't have been that high). Those stats are impressive considering what was accomplished on the ground last year.

The Bears game comes to mind, though. The Titans were held to only 20yds rushing and still won (w/o scoring on defense or FGs.) There were 8 games last year where they were held under 120yds rushing total and lost two of them (again throwing out the Indy game.) They ran very effectively against Baltimore in the playoffs until CJ left the game in the 2nd quarter.

In the past 6 games, AJ has 2 games over 100yds and three touchdowns. However, only three of those games were played with Matt Schaub. You act like the guy has made his Pro Bowls against the Titans.

Just looking at last year vs said Irishman, he had 2rec 29yds (in Tenn) and 11 rec 207yds 1td. Maybe he only plays well at home .

His home is beating ole corty. Try this one one for size AJ had 149 2 TDs He would have gotten more if ole Corty hadnt decided to mount him. ( The ball was uncatchable because the fake Irishman was dry humping AJ.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
That was just in response to Spurs, he got a little excited in some of those statements.

I expect this game to be close, at least until the end. I don't care what the Texans offense did last week, we know what they can do. AJ is always a scary guy to see lined up and Slaton was damn near impossible to tackle in both games. Schaub has to stay protected, though. David Tornton may miss this one so Owen Dainels may see his role expanded a bit. Is Walter for sure a go?

The Titans offense is better, I've thought it would be all off-season and I think a little of it showed against Pitt (I know 10 points). If the Texans are again successful against the run I have more confidence in the receivers, including Jared Cook, than last year.

I'm looking forward to this one, I expect the winner to have better 3rd down stats and, of course, less turnovers; two things the Titans did not do well last December.
The games are always close and that was my point responding to Bipolar lameay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Nice win Congrats ....
Cmon dude....do you know the stuff we would be hearing from you guys if yall had won and thats all you got.. How bout I was wrong ....man my team sucks...the bully got beat or man those people at LP look like they are all from the same family tree. AJ once again torched the fake Irishman. Matt Schaub is relieved that Haynesworth is in Wash.

you were wrong....WRONG WRONG WRONG. The Texans are rising and the Titans just suck.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote