View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I just had a "if HWWNBN had a better O-line and more receivers..." flashback when I read that first sentence.
I don't mean any harm, but that sounds an awful lot like excusing Schaub from blame.

The way I understand it, and you guys who might know better correct me if this is wrong, but the QB sits in on the game-planning too. So if a faulty game plan was the issue, then he's part of the problem.
So no. Schaub cannot be absolved from blame.
No way.
I can see where you would think that, but it isn't the case. Schaub isn't above reproach by any means, but Sunday wasn't his loss. It was Kubiaks. If Kubiak suddenly doesn't trust the QB, who he gave 2 2nd round picks for, to make the right read and audible us out of a bad play, then then Kubes needs to join the ranks of the unemployed. Schaub has proven he can throw the ball well. He's no Steve Young scrambling, but he's not Dan Marino or Bernie Kosar, either. Given reasonable protection, he makes the right throw...most of the time. The offense we saw last Sunday was offensive in all phases, so we can't just say it was Schaub's fault and put in O or G, expecting better results. BTW, I have no idea how much input players
have on game planning.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote