View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009   #43
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Last weeks game was not Scaubs fault. He didn't look good, but he really had no chance to. The coaching staff did a horrible job of gameplanning, making in-game adjustments and calling the game. As fans, we went from playoff bound if Schaub stays healthy to we can't win if Schaub is our QB, based on one game? That's ridiculous. He is a good QB. Maybe he isn't a HOFer, but he's certainly better than anyone else on the team. Put your panick buttons away and let's see what happens tomorrow.
I just had a "if HWWNBN had a better O-line and more receivers..." flashback when I read that first sentence.
I don't mean any harm, but that sounds an awful lot like excusing Schaub from blame.

The way I understand it, and you guys who might know better correct me if this is wrong, but the QB sits in on the game-planning too. So if a faulty game plan was the issue, then he's part of the problem.
So no. Schaub cannot be absolved from blame.
No way.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote