View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The problem is that this has been a repeated problem from day 1. The players have had to play at least somewhat decently in order to overcome this perennial coaching problem...........most of the time, they haven't.
I don't really have an answer for that. After last season, it seemed like we had turned the corner on offense and with a few tweaks, we would improve on redzone O and turnovers. Defense was where the biggest questions were. The D played a very good half on run D and had breakdowns on 3rd & long. In a word, fixable. We missed several turnovers by inches last week. We get those, and who knows how the game turns out? The offense not being able to sustain drives wore the D out and turned a close contest into a blowout. Did Kubes take the Jets too lightly? I don't understand why Kubes and Co. can't make in-game adjustments. He wouldn't even give CB more carries when it was obvious he was more effective. I hate to think of changing coaching staffs, but that's looking more and more like the best route. We have the talent, on both sides of the ball, to be a competitive team, but we never seem to get the most out of that talent. That's a coaching problem, pure and simple.