View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009   #23
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
So what you're saying is, behind our line, Big Ben would take more sacks than Schaub but get better results; i.e., more big plays/TD passes...?
Bingo. He's a special player in that regard and is the only QB that can get away with holding the ball like he does because he can take the punishment and he's big enough to shake off tacklers. The problem is, I do not think he'd be all that consistent if we cant get a running game going over the course of a game. Same problem we currently have with Schaub and whoever else we line up under center because the coaches cannot adjust when there isn't a running game because the scheme's success lives and dies off the success of our running game.

For example: The Steelers running game got shut down, the coaches adjusted and decided to air it out the rest of the game with winning results.

Have we ever adjusted like that? I know the whole, "But they'll blitz us like crazy" line, but that's all part of the adjustment. You gotta give your QB some hot reads to beat the blitz, maybe even let him call some AUDIBLES based on what the defense is showing him!!!