View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Looking for any "it ain't a bad as we think" point I grab on to after the turd they layed last week, I come up with this;

last year in game one against the Steelers, they layed a turd in that one too. Slaton had just 43 yards (3.3) and the Texans had 243 yards of offense. Most of that was garbage time yardage in the 2nd half.

Granted, they showed a little more life against the Steelers than they did last Sunday, but still, it was a pretty bad day offensively, especially in the 1st half.

In the 2nd game last year, against the Titans, Slaton rolled up 116 yards (6.4), and they had 317 yards of offense. Now they turned the ball over 3 times in that game, but my point is, after a bad outing offensively in the 1st game, they came out in the 2nd game, against the Titans and their tough as nails defense, and moved the ball, RAN the ball.

This year game one was a stinker offensively like last year. Now here comes the Titans again in game 2. Maybe they get it going again like last year. Just don't have the turnovers and win the game this time.

As horrible as last week was, it didn't end the season. I expect a much better game this week.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote