View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
There's no excuse for a QB not to make himself a moving target. We used to get on HWWNBN for not moving around or stepping up in the pocket. Schaub makes much better decisions and makes his reads better than HWWNBN but he's not any better at doing the little dance in the pocket to make himself a moving target and thereby help his line protect him.

Neither Brady nor Big Ben nor Peyton are running QBs - or even all that "mobile" - but they move around enough to buy that extra half second that's the difference between a completion and a sack.

The more I watch Schaub, the more I'm reminded of Drew Bledsoe. If you give him time, he'll kill you. But he cannot reliably create that extra second or so on his own.

Either Kubiak needs to teach Schaub that skill or we need a stouter O-line.
I wish Schaub was as durable as David Carr though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This isn't 2005. We actually have a much better running game than the Steelers. Their rushing attack is atrocious. Jeff Fisher actually guaranteed that the Texans would be in the Top 5 in the NFL running the ball this year. He told Tim and Pat on Sirius to file that away.
This is true. The Steelers running game has dropped, significantly I think. Willie Parker has dropped off and Mendenhall isn't look too hot.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote