View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009   #12
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match

I guess I am trying to figure out if we can salvage THIS season. Again I agree a better offensive line is the answer and very possibly that is the ONLY answer.Nothing else may make a substantial difference in the overall outcome. I do think Ben would do better than MS did against the Jets only because he could have bought some time and probably had some success. Would it have made a difference in the overall outcome? Maybe, maybe not. Little things can make differences. If Slaton had not fumbled that might have changed the course of the game.The question is would Ben have survived, I think so. If MS did the same thing and took the same hits would he have survived? I think the Texans/MS by design or by instinct have decided that MS can not afford to get hit and take a chance of injury. AGAIN I hope the ankle was the reason for the poor showing. And again I think MS is just barely mobile enoughwhen healthy to be effective against a good pass rushing defense with our offensive line. Do I think Gross/Orv would be better, I am not sure but I am afraid we will find out. Let's just hope that NY Jets have a GREAT defense and from here on it will get easier.Again all above my opinion only.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote