View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009   #80
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: utpay isthay inway ouryay ipepay andway okesmay itway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Analysis:

Texans have probably one of the bottom 5 in secondary's which would not mean much against a team that relies on the run but our O-Line coupled with good blocking TE's and FB means the run game will get to the second level which does not bode well for a team that's safeties who show little to no talent.

Assuming Cook starts at the #2 TE position he shows a pretty positive miss match verses LB coverage. Even if the Texans focus on Cook ... Crumpler is always a good second option. I imagine Kerry will spread the field with a healthy dose of the run. In the Texans first game they showed an obvious weakness to the run allowing Thomas to get over 100 yards and 2 TDs. Britt has shown that he can take a hit across the middle and hold in there for a much needed possession WR. Gage is playing well and Washington should help to force the Texans D to at least cover the WRs when they are on the field opening up the run game.

Schaub has shown as a starter that he holds onto the ball too long and is injury prone. In the Jets game he seemed timid and afraid to take a hit. The O-line while only giving up 2 sacks could only open up enough holes for Slaton to get 19 yards and the fumble looked pretty bad.

With the Titans D holding very well against a solid run game in Pittsburgh the Texans will most likely be looking to pass. While AJ has proven he can hold his own against any CB in the league but in a double team almost all game I don't expect him to be able to produce with little help at the #2 WR.

The Titans front 4 looked good against Pitt and if they can put pressure on Schaub I expect him to produce but not enough to overcome the Fisher offense.

The Titans are coming home after a loss that was in there grasp. I expect them to be charged to take a first victory.

I am not really into predictions but I would say something the the range of 31-10. If we were in Houston probably something different but the game I think is a heavy favorite for the TItans.
Some stats don't tell the whole truth. The Texans defense did a fantastic job against Jones for the first three quarters giving up just 14 yards. In the fourth the defense got tired because the offense wasn't producing and Jones ran twice for over 30 yards, a 38 yard td & a 39 yarder. Jones ran for 93 yards in the fourth. The defense was out there for over 38 minutes and were tired late in the game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote