Thread: Trade Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Advice

Ok...the way I see it is this.

Slaton hasn't produced in the pre-season or against the Jets. The Jets are going to be heavy on the run, to allow Sanchez to have an easier time in his rookie year. I think Jones will be a large part of that running game, and he can run well....doesn't have much of the explosiveness of Slaton, but has a good reliable style of running.

The trade supplementers don't really mean anything in this trade. Personally, feeling like I do about the way the Jets running game is looking, and how ours is, I'd take Jones, as the safer option, as we don't know how our run is going to pan out (hopefully it picks up, but I worry about it...).