View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #166
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

If we make a move, you have to try to bring in more proven commodity. I don't really know, but I am not sure Capers had an overall winning record when he came to the Texans. Sure, he had experience with an expansion team, but I don't know that he had a proven track record.

I loved the Kubiak selection. This is a guy that had a long track record as an assistant and was a local guy. I think what we have seen from Kubes is that there is a big difference to being an offensive/ defensive coordinator and running the whole show. I wouldn't argue that he doesn't have a good football mind - but that doesn't make him a good head coach - game preparation (whether x's, o's or motivating players), clock management, adjustments have all been weaknesses that we have seen year in and year out. After last year's start, how does he not have the team ready for yesterday's game? If he can't do it this year, why do we expect him to be ready next year?

I think Kubes should be given credit for getting this thing turned around and making things respectable. However, there have been a lot of coaches who just didn't have what it took to get their teams that one additional step. It doesn't make him a bad guy, but some guys have it and some guys don't.

I don't think McNair can afford to wait any longer. He needs to go pay big money to someone who has a proven, winning record. We need a guy who will step up and get the respect of the players on the team, as well as a guy who free agents will want to play for.