View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #165
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I slept on it and I still can't believe that game yesterday. I reflected a bit on our past and I think the nail in the coffin was Bart Scott telling it like it is and saying we are a finesse team. If I'm Bob McNair the only way Kubiak keeps his job is if he pulls 10-6 out of his hat. Nothing less. He gets to finish out the season regardless but if he doesn't find 10 wins I am going straight to Pete Carrol's door once the season is over and giving him whatever he wants. Money, complete control, you name it.

He had a rough start in the NFL (although 33-31 isn't terrible) but so did Belicheck. Anything Carrol touches turns to gold. Yes he can recruit the top guys but his top guys pan out and reach their potential at a comically high percentage. Hey, maybe after an offseason or two our teams could even be as tough as his recent teams.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jan...s/sp-carroll10

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec...rts/sp-farmer2
Carroll's too much of a "rah rah" guy for the NFL. His players never bought in to his coaching style when he was at the Patriots and Jets.

That style of coaching works great in college and that's why I'd expect him to stay there.

I think all that we can do at this point is to see who the candidates are at the end of the season. Maybe promote an intense guy like Kollar or Marciano as Interim HC.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.