View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #155
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence
I hear a lot of calls for Cowher, just not sure this would be his ideal destination. With his family in N.C. he really might just want to wait it out until John Fox's tenure is gone. Still a remote possibility I guess.

No way JJ comes out of retirement.

I name I haven't heard but I think should be on any possible list of replacements: Marty Schottenheimer.

Marty Ball isn't exciting but he wins and he knows how to build a team. Just putting it out there.
You beat me to this.
Marty Schottenheimer SHOULD be the next coach of this team. True, he can't seem to find a way to get a team over the hump to win a championship, but he knows the NFL. He knows how to build a team, perhaps as good as anyone in the league.
Marty would, at the very least, put a respectable team on the field within a short period of time.
His style might be boring, but there's no doubt that he could build a very good team in this town.

IMO, don't even think about Cower. He'll want to install a 3-4 defense, which would take a long time, and doesn't suit the skillset of Mario at all.
I just don't think you can bring in a coach that would basically scrap everything you have on D, including the best player. It would take several seasons to transition this team to a decent 3-4.