View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #153
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
im also pissed that we took a beatdown at home yesterday. however the fact remains that we caught a team thats going to be very good on a day when they were in top form. not to mention they had a nice amount of luck with the near int's & recovering their own fumbles (aswell as brice nodding off for a play). it happens every week all over the nfl.

i also know we're going to react & come back from this like we always have done since kubiak arrived.
As far as the first point, yes we played a tough team, regardless of the posts last week stating the Jets would be easy. However, the Texans need to start regularly bearing good teams if they want to be playoff contenders. I don't like the "it was too hard" reasoning.

The second point is that the Texans will show up next week and show who they really are. If they beat the Titans they will be "great" again. The Texans have 3-4 of these games every year. The problem is, the Texans aren't just who they are in the second win. They are also the team that blew chunks the first game. That equates to "Texans Great" i.e. .500. In this case, the theoretical .500 record is making the huge, and rather unfounded, assumption the Texans beat the Titans next week.