View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #149
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
but it does happen... all the time. today its gary kubiak & john fox. just to illustrate my point- last year, the steelers got crushed in a couple games (the titans & eagles games come to mind), same goes for the cards. the titans got absolutely blown out by the jets at home last year. its happened the SB champs, SB runners up & the team with the #1 seed and best record. it happens EVERYBODY.

wait for the reaction- if that doesnt come & the losses pile up, THEN you start calling for heads but i think the reaction so far by Texans fans has been completely OTT. if yesterdays result occurs regularly over the next few weeks, il be in line for kubiak getting the chop, despite me being a big fan of his. have a litlle faith & support the team. i dont think its as impossible as everybody is making out for us to beat the titans next week given how we stopped the run yesterday for most of the game & the fact that collins is a statue compared to sanchez so hopefully he shouldnt be able to make as many 3rd down plays by escaping the rush. and if that happens, everything will be great again. just shows the fickleness that exists among fanbases
It doesn't happen year after year, though.

What's our record over the past four years (the first four games of each year)? That's not a good pattern.

Patterns are important. They reveal persistent successes or weaknesses.

If we're going to challenge Indy and Tenn for the AFC South, or even a wild card spot, we can't open up the season in a 1-3 or 0-4 hole. Even going 2-2 is questionable with how the remaining 12 games will go this year.

I'm not throwing the guy out right now. But I am saying that the rain cloud club has been largely validated as of today. Kubiak could win the next 4-in-a-row and wow all of us. It could happen. But the pattern suggests it won't.

The pattern says we start playing football right around week 5, which is way too late in our division and in the AFC in general.