View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #147
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
we were doing the same thing against the jags, GB, titans, bears etc last yr but its ok- selective memory isnt half as bad as alot of the stuff spewing around here at the moment. re-starting the franchise, firing kubiak, schaub, mcnair, everybody & other kinds of ridiculous stuff. do people realise how stupid it sounds to suggest preposterous moves like this?

im also pissed that we took a beatdown at home yesterday. however the fact remains that we caught a team thats going to be very good on a day when they were in top form. not to mention they had a nice amount of luck with the near int's & recovering their own fumbles (aswell as brice nodding off for a play). it happens every week all over the nfl.

i also know we're going to react & come back from this like we always have done since kubiak arrived. i urge some of the other fans who want to blow the whole thing up to calm down. there were positives in that shitstorm yesterday, namely the defensive performance on 1st & 2nd down- i cant remember having so many TFL's or no/short gains & pretty consistent pressure. once the offence gets itself together (which it will) & the defence continues like that & improves on 3rd down, we're going to be there or thereabouts in the playoff race come the end of the season. color me the koolaid/sunshine fan if you want but i know im right. i understand the frustration though but come on its 1 game out of 16 & we have a good team. it was a bad day thats all. we'll have a couple more before the end of the season too. nobody goes 16-0
I normally would say that you're right: No need to knee-jerk.

And I have been verrry reserved in my posts on here today and yesterday.

Having said that, I will still say that you don't come out like this in year 4 of your coaching regime. You just don't. That was Pee Wee League out there yesterday, no matter who the opponent would have been. Had we played like that against a weak team, I think we still lose the game.

The hot seat, for Kubiak, just got plugged into the wall outlet as far as I am concerned. You don't start year 4 like that. A loss, when having played a competitive game, is understandable. What I saw, is not excusable.

I'm not in the "Fire him now" gang, but I am definitely not going to spin this like it's no big deal. Year 4. Big deal.