View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #142
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Even if Cowher could come here, who does he get for coordinators?

They're all with the Steelers. They're one big family there, enjoying the fruits of their labor.

I am afraid that grabbing Cowher/JJ/Marty would be a bad idea. They'd have to assemble a coaching staff around them. And how compatible would our current roster be with what the new coach desires to put on the field?

It would be exciting at first. Then it would wear off, and the "Fire" threads would pop up more quickly than ever.

When was the last time a Super Bowl team had a head coach who specializes in offense? It seems they all came from a background in defense.
Maybe I just have it in my head that either of those three would look around the league and see who is up and coming from winning teams or has some sort of background with. Hell even get the strange idea of putting coordinators on their team that have a track record of success.

I guess what I am dancing around to say is I don't think any of those listed would have a problem hiring someone out of their comfort zone, which is something Gary is (IMO) unable to do.

Last guy that has a offensive background to take a team to the SB are Ken Wisenhunt, Mike Holmgreen, Andy Reid, and in 2003 Bill Callahan and Jon Gruden.