View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #139
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
When fans ask for Cowher, they're asking for intensity. For presence. For toughness. For leadership. It doesn't matter if it's Cowher, or someone who has never been an NFL head coach. What they want is a change in attitude.

Well, that and some wins.
Defensive coordinators are typically very vocal, and very aggressive by the nature of their job: Teach their guys to practically KILL the QB or RB or WR.

I think there is something to the idea that a good HC is someone who knows how to inspire the WHOLE team to have that killer instinct.

I know I have joked about getting Mike Leach. But he's an offensive-minded head coach who has that killer instinct: Always going for the opponent's jugular. Going for it all. Never letting up. Never.

Kubiak acts like his scripted plays should work. We should score 3 TDs, and that's the end of the game. Somehow, it's enough. It should be enough. 3 TDs is a good day's work, and by golly we're going to win because we are efficient and persistent and cute.