View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #135
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 246968 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I hear a lot of calls for Cowher, just not sure this would be his ideal destination. With his family in N.C. he really might just want to wait it out until John Fox's tenure is gone. Still a remote possibility I guess.

No way JJ comes out of retirement.

I name I haven't heard but I think should be on any possible list of replacements: Marty Schottenheimer.

Marty Ball isn't exciting but he wins and he knows how to build a team. Just putting it out there.
I'd take up a collection to get Marty here. I'd throw the first thousand dollars in myself. We've had two coaches and neither one of them had any history building a successful NFL franchise. Dom had a brief run with the Panthers that ended in his team falling apart (go figure) and Gary has proven that he can build an offense that looks kind of like the one he worked with in Denver when Mike Shanahan was picking the players and likely doing most of Gary's job for him or "with him" if that makes things run smoother.

Why won't McNair hire somebody whose actually done it? Why won't he spend the money to bring in a coach and a GM who know exactly how to win? It's not like they don't exist and when you're winning that's like a license to print money. Sure they might be expensive but what's more expensive? Paying up front to get what you want one time or going through regime after regime trying to find that one diamond in a goats ass? Rebuilding is going to get old when the seats are empty.