View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #128
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I looked into Kubiak's eyes today (HD is cool that way), and I saw the ghost of Jack Pardee. His headset isn't crooked, yet, but just give it time. More games like this and it'll be sideways, his hair tussled, and he'll be ordering his custom Grand Slam breakfast from his Denny's menu.

Larry Dierker had the same look in his last season with the Astros, except it was a sunflower seed stuck to his lip instead of a headset. Rudy T. had the look in the end, as well, and Dom had it, too. These are leaders who no longer have the team.

Kubiak looked baffled today, and that is the troublesome part. Do I want him fired? I don't care to be honest. I'm comfortably numb and will remain in the deep freeze about giving a crap until they finally do something to be proud of.
Agreed, although I've thought this about Kubiak since year one. He's never struck me as a guy that would be a real good HC. He's always seemed conservative to me, and never seemed to have that fire that I see in other coaches. I hated it in his first year how he took that entire season to just "evaluate" instead of thinking he could go in there and try to have a winning season like Peyton and Mangini did in their first seasons when they took over awful teams. Kubes had the towel thrown in that year before the season ever began and I disliked him from that moment. Then it was far to many times in his first season where he would run the ball on 3rd and long without even trying to get first downs when we had absolutely no running game. It's been like this entire time he's known that he had a really long leash, so he planned on using every inch of it instead of demanding to win games from his players from the moment he got there by any means necessary.

This game was just no surprise to me. Not one bit. I've grown numb to it, and it's to the point that I just don't let it bother me anymore. What's bothered me is how so many fans bought into this guy the same way they did with Capers just because he was the HC of the Texans and wanted to praise every little baby step he took instead of demanding BIG STEPS after that debacle that Capers turned this team into. Once Kubes was hired the short leash should have been there from the beginning since he was unproven.