View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #125
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
And that is what I am trying to figure out. Does Kubiak not want his QBs to have more control because he thinks they are too stupid to handle the responsibility? Or is Kubiak so arrogant that he believes whatever he calls will work, and there is no need for the QB to change the play? Either way, I don't like it. Even if we make the playoffs, this is something that has to be addressed.
To me, this offense lives and dies by the involvement of AJ and OD.

In the games where we don't get the ball in their hands, we stink it up all day long. When those two guys are catching and running, defenses are trying to shut them down and it opens it up for Slaton, Walter, Anderson, A Davis. Which then opens it back up for AJ and OD.

Today, AJ and OD were non-factors from the beginning. So it completely stifles the playcalling, IMO.

We just become very predictable if those two guys get blanketed early on and Schaub fails to connect with them right away. Those times early last year when Schaub couldn't connect with AJ early on, AJ was visibly pissed and would just walk around in a zombie-like trance as if he could care what happened from there on out.

Sometimes I think AJ might be the most cerebral guy on our team. You can tell the state of this team by his on-field and sideline demeanor. IMO, he knows when things are getting goofy. And instead of throwing the team under the bus by using words in the media, he gives all of us some insight by his body language out there.