View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009   #124
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
After the Jets took the 2nd half kickoff and drove the field for a TD to make it 17-zip, I looked to the sidelines to see what Kubiak was doing. I thought he might be chewing out some players, maybe some coaches. Something.

Nope. He was standing about 20 yards from anyone else, reading what looked to be a Denny's laminated menu. So with nothing worth seeing on the field, I decided to watch Kubiak for the rest of the game. Maybe he was looking for answers. Or maybe he was deciding between the patty melt or possibly fool everyone and go for the Lumberjack Slam. Only his waitress knows for sure.

Did Kubiak ever rejoin the team, coach up some players, get in the face of some assistants? Ever? Nope. He just starred down that menu for the rest of the half, other than checking on an injured Shaun Cody late in the game. In a very disinterested fashion. I've never seen a coach take a beating like the Texans took, and seem so unemotional and detached.

Gary Kubiak. Dead Coach Walking. And it's only Week One. Try the migas, Gary. Extra jalapenos. You need some fire in your belly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
This reminds me of Dom Capers note pad and non of us could figure out what the heck he was always writing down.

Maybe Kubes is reading up on Yahoo's top 10 donts during a job interview.
I looked into Kubiak's eyes today (HD is cool that way), and I saw the ghost of Jack Pardee. His headset isn't crooked, yet, but just give it time. More games like this and it'll be sideways, his hair tussled, and he'll be ordering his custom Grand Slam breakfast from his Denny's menu.

Larry Dierker had the same look in his last season with the Astros, except it was a sunflower seed stuck to his lip instead of a headset. Rudy T. had the look in the end, as well, and Dom had it, too. These are leaders who no longer have the team.

Kubiak looked baffled today, and that is the troublesome part. Do I want him fired? I don't care to be honest. I'm comfortably numb and will remain in the deep freeze about giving a crap until they finally do something to be proud of.