View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #122
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
i'm with this guy. kind of.

i mean the first part i am totally with. this is a weak thread and a lot of people are jumping ship early. too early in my mind. a lot of people were even starting to get upset at preseason games. you know those games that happen BEFORE anything really MATTERS. Kubes, in my mind, was hired right before owners started robbing the cradle so a lot of us see the Bucs the Broncos and the Ravens with these young guys who are jumping up and celebrating with their players and say "we want that" when, in reality, we have an expierianced guy who likes to stick to his guns rather than gamble. i'd take that over a new younger guy who we will have to give another 3 years to build HIS team up and find HIS franchise QB (imagine if Denver got Orton for Cutler what we will get for Schaub... Schaun Hill?).

hell you guys live in Texas and the guy who lives up in the first state to legalize gay marriage without a supreme court ruling is the one telling you that being conservative works. what the hell is this world coming to?

Well the thing is that for the last two years Kubiak has been thought of as a "GOD" around here. I've heard argument after argument how he's going to be this wonderful coach and how putting him on the hot seat after two years of 8-8 was down right ridiculous and then the statements of how last year's 8-8 was so much better than the 8-8 from the year before which was the more recent one Kubes worshipers threw out. People have tried to make all of these ridiculous comparisons of how it was like when Fisher started out and how he didn't have great success and how Kubes was going the similar route with building the team slowly and yada yada yada, all because he was the new Texans coach at the time. I just find it funny how so many people that have worshiped the guy and just knew he would have a winning season this year now want him axed over the first game of the season. So many guys that acted like he was this QB guru and this great coach in the making, and now after the first game, he's all of a sudden "a can" of a HC.

Had the Texans won this game, I promise you that this board would be so freaking different right now and Kubes would be getting cheers and hoorays and the pink soap threads would be a complete after thought.