View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #120
Ckw

Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Like that one time when Schaub wasn't getting the play in from the headset or from the sideline, and he stood there begging to get the play from someone.

Did it ever occur to him to just get in the F%$@#@! huddle, like a QB should, and call a play that he thought might work?

Nooooooo....that would have been mutiny, I suppose.

I mean, seriously: This looked like we just threw a team together in the past two months and faced the Patriots or something.

Did the team spend this week high on LSD? Did they think they could really pull off a win with the kind of strategy that they employed all day today?

They acted like everything was supposed to just start working on its own, by default, and at some point things would just magically start clicking. It had all the marks of players not being mentally ready. And that has been my singular gripe against Kubiak: Lack of intensity/focus/preparedness on game day.
And that is what I am trying to figure out. Does Kubiak not want his QBs to have more control because he thinks they are too stupid to handle the responsibility? Or is Kubiak so arrogant that he believes whatever he calls will work, and there is no need for the QB to change the play? Either way, I don't like it. Even if we make the playoffs, this is something that has to be addressed.