View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I for one have been a major Kubiak supporter. But this game definitely has me questioning him. The thing that pisses me off the most is why the hell doesn't he let his QB audible? Is he that freakin arrogant that he thinks every play he/Shanny calls is the right play?!? If his QB is too stupid to read a freakin defense, shouldn't he find a new QB? If this is the case, I do want Kubiak gone. Can anyone name another successful coach that refused to allow his QB to audible out of the play?
Like that one time when Schaub wasn't getting the play in from the headset or from the sideline, and he stood there begging to get the play from someone.

Did it ever occur to him to just get in the F%$@#@! huddle, like a QB should, and call a play that he thought might work?

Nooooooo....that would have been mutiny, I suppose.

I mean, seriously: This looked like we just threw a team together in the past two months and faced the Patriots or something.

Did the team spend this week high on LSD? Did they think they could really pull off a win with the kind of strategy that they employed all day today?

They acted like everything was supposed to just start working on its own, by default, and at some point things would just magically start clicking. It had all the marks of players not being mentally ready. And that has been my singular gripe against Kubiak: Lack of intensity/focus/preparedness on game day.