View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #115
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
It is frustrating. Kubiak is a good offensive coach, history is on his side, and we have seen him develop the offense since taking over in 2006. I understand he is not a rah-rah guy, and teams do win without that BS. But his philosophy and demeanor are so entrenched I am not sure who has the balls on the staff to challenge him or the role description to make a change or put him on notice.

I have always been a firm believer in running your stuff, but aggressive defenses have shown us that they can take away our whole game plan. What it boils down to is, that Kubiak is a horrible when it comes to adjustments and clock management. We need a head coach, not a developer of coordinators.
I don't even think he's a developer of coordinators. I just think he's an OC who's in over his head. So that's reason enough to fire him. But the team's problems run deeper than that. Firing Kubiak only fixes one small part of the equation - it opens a spot for someone else. Then that someone else comes in and has to do something with the players. And I'm not convinced that 7 of our 11 defensive starters should be out there as starters. And I'm also not convinced that 3 of our 5 starting OL should be out there as starters. Hell, I'm not convinced that Schaub is ever going to be the guy that reads a pre-snap blitz and makes the necessary adjustment at the line.