View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #114
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This is kind of what terrifies me as a fan, actually. OK, Kubiak is responsible, so fire him. Who's responsible for Kubiak? Rick Smith? I don't think so. Fire him anyway. OK, at the end of all that, you still haven't solved the problem, because Kubiak is not the one coaching the players that are showing the worst results. I think we'd all agree that Kubiak is/has coached Schaub and the offensive skill position players. Today notwithstanding, they've done better than anyone else on the team.

We don't control the LOS at all. Well, Alex Gibbs has had success everywhere but here. Kollar, Franklin, Bush, Smith, Rhodes .... they all coach defense. Maybe too many cooks in the kitchen? I don't care if we lose Kubiak, but I am worried that it won't solve anything. And that is a scary thought.
It is frustrating. Kubiak is a good offensive coach, history is on his side, and we have seen him develop the offense since taking over in 2006. I understand he is not a rah-rah guy, and teams do win without that BS. But his philosophy and demeanor are so entrenched I am not sure who has the balls on the staff to challenge him or the role description to make a change or put him on notice.

I have always been a firm believer in running your stuff, but aggressive defenses have shown us that they can take away our whole game plan. What it boils down to is, that Kubiak is a horrible when it comes to adjustments and clock management. We need a head coach, not a developer of coordinators.