View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #95
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
If it was anyone else besides you who said that Herv, there would probably be the standard "you're not really a fan" BS comeback.

But I agree with you 100%. I would much rather be without a team than a team that always sucks. It just ruins watching other NFL games, because instead of getting to just enjoy a game for what it is, all you end up doing is watching other teams and wonder why the Texans can't be like them.

That's what sucks more than anything else.

Edit: I wish there was a "switch" that I could turn off that would instantly stop making me interested in this team. But that's not the way it works, sadly.
I've often wished I could not care about this as much as I do. A game like today destroys my week. I went and took a nap for the last, hell I don't know how long I was in there. I just get so low when they go out there and suck to the heavens. I swear it has nothing to do with losing. I can take losing if I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I could have watched us play a hard fought game and then lost it at the end on a FG or a TD and I would be fine. I'd be in here talking about plays we didn't make and next weeks game and even though we lost I'd be involved in the post-game "thing" we all do.

A game like today just breaks me at this point. I'm so sick of watching them suck. I'm sick of watching them get bent over by good teams that I can't stand to see it happen now. It's been almost a decade and they're going nowhere. Again. It ruins the sport for me when we're not even competitive.