View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The bottom line is we don't control the LOS. We never have. And after thinking about my newly acquired sig, I am not sure what to attribute it to. I know one thing for sure - you can't attribute the O-line woes to Kubiak. That doesn't mean he isn't accountable, but the difference is in who's actually doing the coaching. So we have a coach with a sterling reputation due to results and he can't do anything with our guys on the O-line? How is that Kubiak's fault? Like I said, I know he'll take the fall for it; that's the price for being at the top. I'm OK with that, but right now I'm more interested in diagnosing.

As for defense, we have had Bill Kollar, Frank Bush, Richard Smith, Jethro Franklin, Jon Hoke, Ray Rhodes, and who knows who else work with most of these same players. And the results have been the same. It's easy to see who the good players are, but after the top 3 or 4 defensive players, it gets fuzzy. Are all these coaches really that inept? Is Kubiak going into the meeting rooms in the middle of the night and erasing the white boards with all the X and O plays? WTF?

Maybe there's talent on this team, but that talent sure as hell isn't doing anything with it. Maybe all these coaches really are inept. Maybe the Texans have somehow managed to hire more line coaches than any other team in the NFL and find all the ones that suck. Maybe Ray Rhodes' success in the past was all a fluke.
Maybe, maybe, maybe. I'm right there with you on that. What's going on?

Are we catching these guys at the end of their respective careers? Is that happening? Is Alex Gibbs still able to do what he's famous for doing? I mean, these are pretty much all his guys. He inherited Pitts and Winston but Brown, Myers, and Briseil (sp? who cares, he sucks) are there on his watch.

I don't know. I do know we'll never have a guy who's "trouble" on this team. We'll never bring in someone who has any kind of edge. I think we go for guys who are all good citizens over everything else and that no coach in the world could turn a cub scout troop like this into a real nasty offensive line. We draft like crap and I think we're looking much of the time for qualities that other teams would scratch their heads at. I don't mean thugs and Pac Man types but when have we ever drafted an offensive lineman who was just "nasty"? Spencer maybe? I watched the Pitt-Tenn game and I was just enjoying the hell out of watching Tennessee's center manhandle guys and hold the front of that pocket. When have we ever had anybody do that here?

Our needs are many, our front office is stupid, and it's a year until we can even begin to address any of them. 2009 is going to be 2005 all over again. I can feel it in my bones. This team is going to be the death of me. I sometimes wish LA had gotten this team because Bob McNair does not have what it takes to be an NFL owner. Not a successful one at least and if Houston has to have a lousy NFL team I'd rather they not have one at all.